SHOULD YOU HIRE A FORECLOSURE DEFENSE LAWYER?If you’re successful in modifying your mortgage on your own, you may not need a foreclosure defense lawyer. But if you’re unsuccessful obtaining a mortgage modification or if a process server shows up at your house and serves you with legal papers, it’s important you hire an experienced foreclosure defense lawyer as soon as possible.


When you arrive at a foreclosure defense lawyer’s office, you should interview the attorney. You should find out his or her experience level. You should find out if they’ve published articles on foreclosure defense. You should speak to the attorney about how many cases they’ve handled and their success rate. You should look into whether they have appropriate staffing. Some attorneys’ offices are outgunned by the type of law firms hired by the financial institutions to bring foreclosure lawsuits. If you cannot afford to hire a private attorney, you may qualify for legal aid if available to help you defend you and your family in the foreclosure lawsuit.

schlissel-headshotThe law office of Schlissel DeCorpo have been defending homeowners regarding mortgage issues for more than three decades. They can be reached at 516-561-6645, 718-350-2802, 631-319-8262 and 914-998-0080 or emailed at

Foreclosure Defense in Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Baldwin, Malverne, Freeport, Oceanside, Long Beach, Elmont, Lakeview, West Hempstead, Hempstead, Merrick and Bellmore, New York

We represent individuals throughout the New York Metropolitan area with divorce and child custody, personal injury, car accident, wrongful death, estate administration, nursing home and medicaid issues

The information you obtain at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your particular legal issue. This is attorney advertising.

This is attorney advertising. This website is designed for general information purposes only. The information presented on this website shall not be construed to be legal advice. If you have a legal problem you should consult with an attorney.

Copyright © 2018 By The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo. All Rights Reserved.