Frequently Asked Questions

  • Did your bank have the right to foreclose your home?
    This question cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. It is common for the bank that underwrites your mortgage to sell the mortgage to another bank. Then sometimes the second bank sells it to a third bank. Whether the bank foreclosing on you home has standing to bring a foreclosure lawsuit is a question that requires an investigation to ascertain whether the bank actually has the ability to foreclose on your home. The legal issue is referred to as standing to bring a foreclosure lawsuit.
  • What alternatives does a homeowner have when faced with foreclosure?
    If the homeowner is served with a summons and complaint he or he must initially prepare and file an answer to the foreclosure complaint with the court and the bank’s attorney and appear in court for scheduled court appearances before utilizing any of the other options. In addition, the homeowner could apply for a loan modification. The homeowner can bring the arrears current by paying them and/or the homeowner can enter into a forbearance agreement. In addition, the homeowner can file either a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. A short sale or deed in lieu are foreclosure additional options available to homeowners. The best way to ascertain what the homeowners best option is is to consult with an experienced foreclosure defense attorney as soon as possible.

Foreclosure Defense in Valley Stream, Lynbrook, Baldwin, Malverne, Freeport, Oceanside, Long Beach, Elmont, Lakeview, West Hempstead, Hempstead, Merrick and Bellmore, New York

We represent individuals throughout the New York Metropolitan area with divorce and child custody, personal injury, car accident, wrongful death, estate administration, nursing home and medicaid issues

The information you obtain at this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your particular legal issue. This is attorney advertising.

This is attorney advertising. This website is designed for general information purposes only. The information presented on this website shall not be construed to be legal advice. If you have a legal problem you should consult with an attorney.

Copyright © 2018 By The Law Offices of Schlissel DeCorpo. All Rights Reserved. Concept, Design and Hosting by GetLegal Web Development Team.